Call for research proposals in NAFOSTED – RCUK Joint Funding Program 2017
Deadline for Notification of Intent 16:00 GMT (23:00 Vietnam time) 04 December 2017
Deadline for Full Proposals: 16:00 GMT (23:00 Vietnam time) 21 February 2018
In the framework of signed Memorandum of Understanding, National Foundation for Science and Technology (NAFOSTED) and Research Council of UK (RCUK) would like to launch a joint call for research proposals for 2017 joint funding program.
In the Joint Funding Program 2017, NAFOSTED will collaborate with Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) and the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) of RCUK to joint fund for high quality project conducted by Vietnamese and UK research team under the topic: “Understanding of the Impacts of Hydrometeorological Hazards in South East Asia”, with emphasis on floods, droughts, landslides and storm surges in Vietnam. Besides, applicants are also encouraged to submit interdisciplinary proposal with both social science and natural science elements. Funded projects are expected to start from October 2018 and last for 24-36 months.
Eligibility requirements: fulfill requirements for Principal Investigator, research team member and host institution as regulated in Circular 37/2014/TT/BKHCN dated on 12 December 2014 by the Ministry of Science and Technology governing the administration of basic research funding program of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development.
Application guidance: Application must be submitted by the UK PI on behalf of both Vietnamese and UK research team to the Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system of RCUK. Full details on requirements and instruction for submission of Notification of Intent and Full Proposals can be found in “Call Summary and Application Introduction”.
Regarding cost proforma, applying research team should carefully follow instruction in the Joint Circular 55/2015/TTLT-BTC-BKHCN as well as other related regulation and cost division between NAFOSTED and RCUK in the signed MOU.
Please note: Only applicants who have submitted an online Notification of Intent form at https://reg.nerc.ac.uk/se-asia2017/ will be eligible to submit a Full Proposal.
- Notification of Intent: 16:00 GMT (23:00 Vietnam time) 04 December 2017 (Monday)
- Full proposals: 16:00 GMT (23:00 Vietnam time) 21 February 2017 (Webnesday)
- Call Summary and Application Introduction;
- NAFOSTED Cost proforma;
- NAFOSTED Expected result form.
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding between NAFOSTED và RCUK;
- Circular 37/2014/TT/BKHCN dated on 12 December 2014 by the Ministry of Science and Technology governing the administration of basic research funding program of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development;
- Joint Circular No. 55/2015/TTLT-BTC-BKHCN dated on 22nd April 2015 by Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Science and Technology guiding norms for constructing and allocating cost estimates and settlement for scientific projects using state budget;
- Joint circular No. 27/2015/TTLT-BKHCN-BTC dated on 30th December 2015 by Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Science and Technology regulating funding allocation for conducting scientific projects using state budget;
- Circular No.40/2017/TT-BTC dated on 28th April 2017 by the Ministry of Finance on work-trip allowances and conference expenditures applied to state agencies, public service providers, political organizations, socio-political organizations, other organizations or associations using state budget;
- Circular No. 102/2012/TT-BTC dated on 21 June 2012 by the Ministry of Finance stipulating the regime of working-trip allowances for state officials and employees who travel abroad on short working missions funded by the state budget;
- Circular No. 01/2010/TT-BTC dated on 6th January 2010 by Ministry of Finance governing the allowances for welcoming and receiving foreign delegation into Vietnam, and for organizing international workshops/conferences in Vietnam;
- Decision No. 31/QĐ-HDQL-NAFOSTED dated on 30th March 2016 by NAFOSTED Management Board approving prestigious ISI journal list and the list of prestigious international journal in natural sciences and engineeringt;
- Decision No. 73/QD-HĐQL-NAFOSTED dated on 19th May 2016 by NAFOSTED Management Board approving the list of prestigious national journal in natural sciences and engineering;
- Decision No. 156/QĐ-HĐQL-NAFOSTED dated on 28 August 2015 by the Board of Trustees of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development on the announcement of list of prestigious international and national journals in social sciences and humanities from 2015.
Call announcement from Research Council of UK:
For more details please contact:
Ms. Hoang Thanh Van, International Relation Officer
Tel.: (024) 3936 7750 (ext. 503)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org