Call for applications for UK – Vietnam Scientific Networking Workshop 2017
In 2016, under the framework of signed Memorandum of Understanding, National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) and Research Council of UK (RCUK) has called and organized the first proposal evaluation for the joint funding program. Following its success, NAFOSTED and Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) of RCUK will continue calling for proposals for 2017 joint funding program with the theme: Understanding of the Impacts of Hydrometeorological Hazards in South East Asia, with encouragement for interdisciplinary projects between research teams in social sciences and natural sciences. The official call is expected to be launched in October 2017 and funded projects are expected to start from October 2018 with duration of 24-36 months.
According to program executive plan, from 10-11 October 2017, in Jakarta, Indonesia, NERC will organize a workshop to introduce the program as well as to connect Vietnamese and UK scientists who are interested in the program. The workshop is a preparatory activity and also a chance for scientists in both countries to seek and build collaborative research with potential partners in the program.
NAFOSTED is the organizing partner in Vietnam and responsible for selecting maximum 07 Vietnamese scientists to participate in the workshop. Roundtrip airfare from Vietnam to Jakarta, Indonesia, cost of meals, accommodation and travelling while attending the workshop for Vietnamese scientists shall be covered by NERC. Please note: Other costs (such as travel insurance, domestic travel) should be self-paid by individual scientist.
Individual scientist who are interested and would like to participate in the networking workshop could submit application to NAFOSTED following the below instruction:
- Fulfill NAFOSTED’s requirements for Principal Investigator as regulated in Circular No. 37/2014/TT-BKHCN dated on 12 December 2014 by the Ministry of Science and Technology governing the administration of basic research funding program of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development;
- Working in research fields close to theme of the workshop, which is Understanding of the Impacts of Hydrometeorological Hazards in South East Asia, including floods, droughts, landslides and storm surges in both Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Application form (download Vietnamese application form, English application form);
- Scientific Curriculum Vitae in both Vietnamese and English, which should be filled in and printed out directly from OMS, including approval of working institution. Please note: applicants should login and update/create new CV using correct link according to own research field (Natural Sciences and engineering/Social Sciences and humanities).
- One hard copy submitted in person or by post to Administrative Office of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development, 39 Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. Date of submission for the hard copies submitted by post will be calculated according to the date on post office’s stamp.
- One soft copy submitted via email to email@example.com, titled “Application for NAFOSTED-RCUK 2017 Networking Workshop”.
Submission deadline: 17:00, 24 August 2017 (Thursday).
Please note: Scientists who do not participate in the Networking Workshop still can submit project application for NAFOSTED – RCUK 2017 joint funding program. Detailed information and instruction for applying will be announced in the near future.
For more information please contact:
Ms. Hoàng Thanh Vân, International Relation Officer
Tel: (024) 3936 7750 (ext. 503)