Call for proposals for NAFOSTED – SNSF Joint Research Funding Program in 2020
National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) and Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) would like to announce the opportunity for applying to the first call of NAFOSTED – SNSF Joint Research Funding Program. Proposal submission time is from 01 October 2020 to 17:00 Swiss time (22:00 Vietnamese time) on 15 January 2021. Deadline for voluntary pre-registration is 23 November 2020.
1. Details of the call and submission guidance: Download here.
– Area of research: The call is open to all researcher areas.
– Project conduction time: Maximum 03 years (starting from 2021).
– Eligibility requirements for applicants: Each project must have both Swiss and Vietnamese research teams. Applying Vietnamese researchers and institutions must meet the requirements for PI, team members and the host institution under the provisions of Circular No. 37/2014/TT-BKHCN dated on 12th December 2014 by the Ministry of Science and Technology governing the administration of basic research funding program of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development. Applying Swiss researchers must follow SNSF’s requirements.
– Submission: Full proposal must be jointly prepared by both Vietnamese and Swiss research teams and be submitted onto the electronic submission system mySNF by the Swiss main applicant as representative of both research teams.
– Regarding project cost-proforma for Vietnamese side: Please refer to the detail guidance in the Joint Circular No.55/2015/TTLT-BTC-BKHCN and other related legal documents.
– Submission deadlines:
+ For voluntary pre-registration: 23 November 2020
The Pre-registration is voluntary; however, the applicants are strongly encouraged to complete this step on mySNF in order to facilitate the proposal evaluation.
+ For full proposal: from 01 October 2020 to 17:00 Swiss time (22:00 Vietnamese time) on 15 January 2021
3. Related forms and documents for Vietnamese applicants:
– NAFOSTED Expected results form;
– Memorandum of Understanding between NAFOSTED and SNSF;
– Circular No.12/2018/TT-BKHCN dated on 31 August 2018 regulating establishment and management of collaboration programs between NAFOSTED and its international partners to fund for joint research projects and scientific activities;
– Circular No. 37/2014/TT-BKHCN dated on 12th December 2014 by the Ministry of Science and Technology governing the administration of basic research funding program of National Foundation for Science and Technology Development;
– Joint Circular No. 55/2015/TTLT-BTC-BKHCN dated on 22nd April 2015 by Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Science and Technology guiding norms for constructing and allocating cost estimates and settlement for scientific projects using state budget;
– Joint Circular No. 27/2015/TTLT-BKHCN-BTC dated on 30th December 2015 by Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Science and Technology regulating funding allocation for conducting scientific projects using state budget;
– Circular No.40/2017/TT-BTC dated on 28th April 2017 by the Ministry of Finance on work-trip allowances and conference expenditures applied to state agencies, public service providers, political organizations, socio-political organizations, other organizations or associations using state budget;
– Circular No. 102/2012/TT-BTC dated on 21 June 2012, stipulating the regime of work-trip allowances for state officials and employees travelling abroad on short working missions funded by the state budget;
– Circular No. 71/2018/TT-BTC dated on 10 August 2018 by Ministry of Finance governing the allowances for welcoming and receiving foreign delegation into Vietnam, and for organizing international workshops/conferences in Vietnam;
– Decision No. 151/QD-HDQL-NAFOSTED dated on 09 August 2019 by NAFOSTED’s Board of Trustees approving the lists of prestigious ISI journals and prestigious international journals in Natural Sciences and Engineering;
– Decision No. 251/QD-HDQL-NAFOSTE dated on 11 December 2019 by NAFOSTED’s Board of Trustees approving the list of prestigious national journals in Natural Sciences and Engineering;
Announcement from Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
4. For more details please contact:
Ms. Hoang Thanh Van, International Relation Officer
Tel: (024) 3936 7750 (ext. 503)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Hoang Thanh Van