Ta Quang Buu Award in 2013
The Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) on November30th 2013 held a press meeting to introduce Ta Quang Buu Award in 2013. Attendees at the meeting were Tran Viet Thanh, MOST’s deputy minister cum head of the award’s organizing board, Mr Do Tien Dung, director of the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) – the standing committee of the prize and members of the organizing board as well as prestigious scientists at universities, institutes and research institutions. The event also attract interest from media in the field of science and technology such as the Vietnam Television (VTV), Hanoi Television (HANOITV), the Science and Technology Newspaper, People Newspaper, the Government online portal, the Science and Technology Viet Nam Magazine, Vietnam News Agency, VOVTV, online dantri newspaper, vnmedia and Youth Newspaper.
1. Purposes and meanings The Ta Quang Buu award organized by the MOST will be granted to Vietnamese scientists whose excellent research works in the field of natural science as well as both Vietnamese and foreign scientists who actively contributed to basic science researches in Vietnam.The annual prize aims to encourage and honor scientists whose excellent achievements in basic science researches, thus promoting the sector’s development in particular and Vietnam’s science and technology in general. This could help the country’s science and technology sector access to international standards, paving a way for its integration into the world.
2. Awarded fields The Ta Quang Buu Award will be presented to scientists in the fields of natural sciences including mathematics, computer science and information, physics, chemistry, earth science and environment, biology and other natural sciences.
3. People eligible for the award – Scientists are Vietnamese citizens and the main author of excellent science works were published on special science magazines.
– Vietnamese scientists in foreign countries and foreigners whose active contribution to Vietnam’s basic research.
The award includes 1 to 4 main prizes and 1 for young scientists (those under the age of 30 by the time of submitting application) granted to authors of excellent science research works; 01 prize given to a scientist whose active contribution to Vietnam’s basic research.
5. Value and granting methods
Each prize will include:
– A prize certificate from the Ministry of Science and Technology;
– Bonus (maximum level): of 200 VND for each main prize; 50 VND for young scientist award and 100 VND for scientist whose active contribution to Vietnam’s basic research works.
– Individuals submit their application to register for the Ta Quang Buu Award to Standing Committee from November 0th 2013 to January 15th 2014.
– The judging” from January 15th 2014 to March 30th 2014.
– Award ceremony will be held in May 2014.
– Application form for the Ta Quang Buu Award (download here)
– Science curriculum vitae certified by authorized agencies
– Full document of the excellent science work
– Notes on the scientific value of the work
– Notes on the scientists’ contribution to basic research in particular and science and technology in general in Vietnam
– Other documents: necessary documents in evaluation process required by the organizing board
The board could ask scientists to supplement information and certify applications submitted by special science committees.
8. For more information, please contact:
The National Foundation for Science and Technology Development
Address: 4th Floor, 39 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi