Short-term research fellowship opportunities in the UK under the NAFOSTED and UK Academies programme
In 2014, within the framework of the Newton Fund Vietnam, the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) and the British Academy and Royal Academy of Engineering (the UK Academies) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on the delivery of “Mobility grants” to support researchers in the fields of social sciences and humanities, and engineering, to undertake short-term research in the UK and Vietnam.
NAFOSTED is currently calling for applications to join the partnership programme with the UK Academies. Applications can be received during the period from 15th November 2015 to 15thDecember 2015 and will be evaluated as soon as the submission is received.
Vietnamese researchers are invited to submit to NAFOSTED the following documents as per the regulations on national scientific and technological capability support activities:
- Application form certified by the employer organization, as per Template NCNLQG 06.
- Recommendation letters of two scientists, as per Template NCNLQG 07. The introducers must have the same speciality as the applicant, hold a PhD degree and have had research published in reputable international journals within the last five years.
- An invitation letter from a partner science organization for the research collaboration or a letter from a foreign scientist confirming the scientific supervision, which specifies the location, time, research contents and responsibility of the relevant costs.
- A research proposal to be carried out at the foreign partner science organization (detailing: objectives, significance, rationale for the visit, research contents and methodology, work plan and expected results) that has been accepted by the foreign scientist.
- Scientific profile of the applicant, as per Template NCNLQG 02.
- Supporting documents that prove the applicant’s eligibility, as per Circular 09/2015/TT-BKHCN dated 15 May 2015 on management of national scientific and technological capability support activities of NAFOSTED.
- Proposed funding request to NAFOSTED, which specifies any expenses to be sponsored by the foreign partner (if any), as per Template NCNLQG 08.
Note: in the application form, please specify this application is for the NAFOSTED – The UK Academies partnership programme.
- Ms Phan Lien Huong, Research and innovation Programme Manager, British Embassy Hanoi. Email: email@example.com; Tel: 04. 3936 0500/ ext.2297.
- Ms Hoang Thanh Van, Communication and International Cooperation Officer, NAFOSTED. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 04. 3936 7750
* Newton Fund Vietnam is a research and innovation partnership programme between the Government of Vietnam and the Government of the UK over five years (2014-2019). The “researcher mobility” programme is one of schemes under the Newton Fund.